Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information, which your computer or mobile device downloads when you visit a website. When you return to websites – or visit websites that use the same cookies – they recognize these cookies and therefore your browsing device.
If you visit our website, we will deploy these technologies to provide an online service more suited to the device you connect from, as well as to prevent and detect fraud, keeping you secure. When you visit our website from any device (mobile, tablet or PC), we collect information about your use of this site, such as information about the device or browser you use to access the site (including device type, operating system, screen resolution, etc.), the way you interact with this site, and the IP address your device connects from. You may not be able to initiate or complete some activities within our secure online services unless these cookies or similar technologies are installed. Please note, we may not be able to process certain transactions if you are physically located in certain countries.
- Ensure your security and privacy when in our secure sites
- Store login details for our secure sites
- Temporarily store input information in our calculators, tools, illustrations, and demonstrations
- Provide you with ads that are more relevant to you and your interests, and improve our targeting and enhance your journey through our sites and partner sites
- Improve our understanding of how you navigate through our sites so we can identify improvements
- Evaluate our sites’ advertising and promotional effectiveness (we own the anonymous data collected and don’t share it with anyone); and
- We use both our own (first-party) and partner companies’ (third-party) cookies to support these activities